Join the IBEW Today!
Successful people always recognize and explore their options.
The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) is comprised of proud union members with a wide diversity of skills and jobs. One of the most progressive unions in existence, the IBEW represents some 750,000 members in the United States and Canada.
Need another reason to form or belong to a union?
Under the employment at will doctrine, the cornerstone of American employment law, in general terms, unless we belong to a protected group, our employer has the right to discipline or terminate us, with impunity, for any reason — even a bad one — or for no reason at all. That’s why it is sometimes called the fire at will doctrine.
With a collective bargaining agreement, we have rights. Management must have “just cause” for any disciplinary action taken against a union employee. “Just cause” is spelled out in our union contract so that we know exactly what is expected of us.
For more information about organizing your workplace or joining the IBEW CLICK HERE and complete & return the form.
Objectives of the IBEW
- To organize all workers in the entire electrical industry in Canada and the United States (including all those in public and electrical manufacturing) into local unions
- To promote reasonable methods of work
- To cultivate feelings of friendship among those of our industry
- To settle all disputes between employer and employees without the need for arbitration (if possible)
- To assist each other in sickness or distress
- To secure employment
- To reduce the hours of daily labor
- To secure adequate pay for our work
- To seek a higher and higher standard of living
- To seek security for the individual
- And by legal and proper means to elevate the moral, intellectual and social conditions of our members, their families and dependents, in the interest of higher standard of citizenship.
For more information call or stop by:
Ryck Signor-Membership Development Representative
IBEW Local Union 351
1113 Black Horse Pike
Folsom, NJ 08037